PARISH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN BUCKLAND
Safeguarding Policy – Promoting a Safer Church
On 19th July 2019 the Parochial Church Council adopted the following Safeguarding Policy.
“In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy, our church is committed to:
• promoting a safer environment and culture
• safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church
• responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
• caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• responding to those who may pose a present risk to others.
We take the safeguarding and care of children and vulnerable adults very seriously at St Mary’s.
Our key contacts are:
The Parish Safeguarding Officer for St Mary’s:
Sally Sayce – 01737 245161
Elizabeth Vahey – 01737 221444
David Sayce – 01737 245161
The Revd. Anna Moore – 01737 901860
READ THE FULL ROLE DESCRIPTION FOR THE PARISH SAFEGUARDING OFFICER HERE.
Essential Helpline Links:
NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours).Phone if you are worried about a child.
Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours).
Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours).
Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours).
Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9am-5pm).
Diocese of Southwark – Safeguarding contacts:
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser,Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Hugh Constant, Trinity House, 4, Chapel Court, London SE1 1HW. e:firstname.lastname@example.org w: 020 7939 9423 m: 07982 279713
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers, Marie Daly and Louise Vernon
Duty Direct Line 0203 874 6743
To access the Southwark Diocese manual of Safeguarding Policies and Procedures A Safe Church CLICK HERE.
Page updated 19/7/2019