Welcome to the website of St Mary the Virgin, Buckland, in the United Benefice of Betchworth and Buckland. Please use the drop down menus to find the information you require.
Join our Sunday morning worship each week at 9.30am by Zoom, or by phone.
To join by Zoom, CLICK HERE and if prompted use Meeting ID: 829 5282 9842 and Passcode: 01737
To join by phone, Dial 0203 481 5237 and if prompted use Meeting ID: 829 5282 9842 and Passcode: 01737
The March Parish Magazine is here – click on the image.
During lockdown, public worship is suspended in St Michael’s and St Mary’s churches until further notice.
There will be Zoom/dial-in and Online Sunday services, and a dial-in Spiritual Communion service on Thursday each week during this time – details below. The Online Service will be available on the website all week.
Weekly dial-in Spiritual Communion on Thursday at 9.30am – details:
Dial: 0333 0110 945
Room number: 10027764#
Tending of the gravestone and memorial plaques in the churchyard – updated information HERE.
The 2020 Buckland Graveyard Survey is now available – CLICK HERE for guidance and for links to the survey document and to the photo galleries.
Worship Resources can also be found at:
Church of England website:
• Weekly service broadcasts – these be made available each Sunday through the Church of England’s Facebook page.
• Time to Pray app – everything you need for Prayer During the Day, with variations according to the day of the week and the season of the Church’s year. Download for free.
• Daytime prayer and Night prayer service audio – building on the existing daily prayer feed, this includes daytime prayer and night prayer for each day. It will be available as a downloadable app in the coming weeks
• The BBC’s Daily Service and Sunday Worship – radio programmes will be using some of the themes from #LiveLent as part of their broadcasts.
• Prayer for the day – each day the Church of England publishes audio and text of the Prayer for the Day.
The Archbishop of Canterbury also offers a free Daily hope line: 0800 804 8044
This offers a message from Archbishop Justin together with ‘hymns we love’ – a daily resource and includes singing a well-known hymn then looking at its author and the hymns message.
This lovely booklet is available from Revd. Anna
Please email: email@example.com
Tel: 01737901860/07939 388607
20th November 2020
Tending of the gravestone and memorial plaques in the churchyard.
Over many years, the presence and numbers of plant pots, artificial flowers, ornaments and planted shrubs has reached a point where the graveyard no longer meets the Diocese’s churchyard regulations, and thus we have to ensure the churchyard is compliant. The regulations will allow a simple posy of cut flowers or small pot plant on a grave or memorial plaque but nothing more, and so this means the removal of many of the plant pots and the artificial flowers, ornaments, pebbles, planted shrubs etc.
This notice has been placed in the graveyard asking those tending the graves and memorial plaques to remove the non compliant items by the 31st December this year – the date has been extended from the 15th November. The notices, which explain what we are doing in more detail, advise that at some point after that date the items will be placed by the front gate for collection, and if not collected within a reasonable time thereafter they will disposed of.
Anna Moore Rector, David Sayce and Liz Vahey Churchwardens
Safeguarding Policy – Promoting a Safer Church
On 19th July 2019 the Parochial Church Council adopted the following Safeguarding Policy.
“In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy, our church is committed to:
• promoting a safer environment and culture
• safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church
• responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
• caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• responding to those who may pose a present risk to others.