Welcome to the website of St Mary the Virgin, Buckland, in the United Benefice of Betchworth and Buckland. Please use the drop down menus to find the information you require.
Sunday 11th October 2020 – 11am – Holy Communion at St Mary.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR ONLINE SUNDAY WORSHIP FOR 18th October 2020, 19th Sunday after Trinity, the Feast of St. Luke the Evangelist.
SUNDAY WORSHIP RESUMES IN OUR CHURCHES – SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS. For the time being there will also be a dial-in service every Sunday, and an Online service will be posted on both websites.
Worship Resources can also be found at:
Church of England website:
• Weekly service broadcasts – these be made available each Sunday through the Church of England’s Facebook page.
• Time to Pray app – everything you need for Prayer During the Day, with variations according to the day of the week and the season of the Church’s year. Download for free.
• Daytime prayer and Night prayer service audio – building on the existing daily prayer feed, this includes daytime prayer and night prayer for each day. It will be available as a downloadable app in the coming weeks
• The BBC’s Daily Service and Sunday Worship – radio programmes will be using some of the themes from #LiveLent as part of their broadcasts.
• Prayer for the day – each day the Church of England publishes audio and text of the Prayer for the Day.
The Archbishop of Canterbury also offers a free Daily hope line: 0800 804 8044
This offers a message from Archbishop Justin together with ‘hymns we love’ – a daily resource and includes singing a well-known hymn then looking at its author and the hymns message.
This lovely booklet is available from Revd. Anna
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01737901860/07939 388607
It is with regret that our church buildings will have to be closed for the duration of the latest restrictions. Please see the notice from the Diocese of Southwark, which will be posted on the church door:
Safeguarding Policy – Promoting a Safer Church
On 19th July 2019 the Parochial Church Council adopted the following Safeguarding Policy.
“In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy, our church is committed to:
• promoting a safer environment and culture
• safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church
• responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
• caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• responding to those who may pose a present risk to others.